Thursday, June 26, 2008

For better or worse...

I'm married and loving it. My wife and I spent the evening last night putting up curtain rods and building book shelves. Our apartment is really starting to look like a home. I came out of my bedroom this morning and felt very pleased with it all. Content.

Still, as happy as the months surrounding a wedding have been, life still looms. There are bills to pay, an education to be had, and a car that desperately needs cleaning. But for some reason it all looks different than before. It's all things I have to do, but it's all things I get to do, with Emily. I'm pretty sure that's what God designed marriage for, a partnership; and God gave me the best partner EVER!

Other than these few sappy sentiments I don't really have anything else to write about at the moment. I'm over my job, though I understand it's importance and how much I enjoy getting paid. I'm directing a show, The Importance of Being Earnest, which is going to be full of memorable stories, they just haven't happened yet. And there was this one time I went to Mexico and they ran out of tortillas...I know right? That was pretty ridiculous.

I'm still struggling with blog envy. Josh is just so good at it. I suppose it takes passion. Josh is just passionate about a lot of things. I know I'm passionate about some things but I don't really realize the full extent of the passion unless I'm in the moment; like cars stopping completely before they turn, I just don't realize how much that royally pisses me off unless I'm in the moment. But usually after the moment has passed, and by the time I sit in front of my computer staring at blank blog page, I've had time to rationalize, justify, simplify, forget or just not care any more. I prefer the more passionate life like Josh's. He gets it all out on here, not in everyday conversation. He can actually talk about pretty normal things. Sometimes I wish he would get passionate about a few things in conversation, just because it's fun to see him get a bit steamed over things. But really, an entire post about a dispute between Obama and Dobson...awesome!

If that last paragraph sounded sarcastic it wasn't meant to. Just pure admiration.

And to finish it off, here is a scene from the my last rehearsal with my cast:

Me: Lady Bracknell I need you on stage, you're coming on in a few lines.

LB: Oh, right, let me just find my script.

Me: Do you have a pencil?

LB: A what?

Me: A pencil, you need to write down all the blocking I give you.

LB: Oh. Okay, I'm ready now. Should I enter?

Me: When the script tells you to, you should.

LB: Oh, right, what page are we on?

Me: 125. Lady Bracknell's Understudy, do you have a pencil?

LBU: For what?

Me: For writing down all the blocking I give Lady Bracknell.

LBU: You mean, I have to do it just like her?

Me: .........yes. Is that a problem?

LBU: I guess not.

LB: Do I enter now?

Algernon: Do I get to eat ALL of the sandwiches?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

K, first of all, that was the funniest snidbit from your rehearsal. Wow. Also, you're an awesome friend. Don't worry about comparing your blog. I'm a freakish English major. It's what I do.

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap, $5 pillows from Ross! I actually might go.

Anonymous said...

Reason #1 not to worry too much about my blog -I'm single and have nothing else to do. There's more reason's to come.