Monday, June 30, 2008

Attention Single Friends:

I have not experienced any of these issues yet but according to a wide number of other married people's comments I can fully expect them. So here's some things you should know.

1. Emily and I still exist. Yes you waved goodbye to us at the end of the wedding and we drove away in an excessively decorated car, but we only went back to our apartment and then on a honeymoon. We still live in Costa Mesa and we still want to see you, so please don't forget that!

2. I am more so a 'we' than I am an 'I'. Don't let the fact that I will probably always check with Emily first before I agree to do anything, deter you from inviting either Emily or I anywhere. She's my other half and I don't work very well separated from her. I promise it feels GREAT to depend on another human being. It's not so bad.

3. Yes, married people like to hang with married people and it's not that it's a secret club that no one can be involved in unless you have a piece of jewelry on your ring finger. It's simply that when you get married, you all of a sudden have this freedom to talk about SO many things that people who are not married don't understand fully.

4. Emily and I do not have sex 24/7. As awesome as that would be, it's just not physically possible and it would be extremely exhausting. Yes we're more sexually active than the average 75 year old, but that doesn't mean you should be afraid to call because what if we're having sex, or afraid to come over and visit because what if we're having sex. If we are, I promise I wont answer my phone or answer the door...for your sake.

5. Though I love Emily more than any human being on this planet, I love each and everyone of my friends quite a bit more than the average human being as well. Please know that.


This is also not meant to be supercilious in any way either. I really only say these things because I'm guilty of each and every one one of them. Things are different now, yes, but not enough to loose contact with those I care for.

Thanks for reading. :)

Okay, I should work now.

3 comments:

Mikkele Suzanne said...

unnecessary post. i'm going to be at your house so often that you can't have sex anymore because i NEVER LEAVE

Unknown said...

Um...

Ted said...

I like this post although maybe it should be retitled to say Instructions for stupid people and friends a I love who don't understand things. lol just kidding. I never speak to you because I do believe you are constantly have sex. I don't think you'll get this because right now you are having sex. For shame the world has grown dark now that the light is being kept under a blanket.