Thursday, April 23, 2009

E-mail from Work 3

From:        Zachary Bortot

To:        Jeff Fazakerlely

Subject:    Re: Hello!


 

…I have to run, but in answer to your last question, sometimes a favorite movie isn't a favorite movie because it is good.  Sometimes the memory or event surrounding the viewing of that movie for the first time is special enough that it can elevate the status of said film. lol.  I'll talk to you later.

Thoughts and prayers,

Zach


 

From:        Jeff Fazakerley

To:        Zachary Bortot

Subject:    Re: Hello!


 

If we're being honest I have plenty of work to do, I just don't want to do any of it.  I wish I could do what I did today all the time.  The whole meeting with people seeing if they'll sponsor my benefit.  Just shows what I am meant to do and what I'm NOT meant to do.  Don't get me wrong, there are things in theater that I do not enjoy doing as well, but there's something different about them.  Probably because the end result is something different…something more rewarding.

Just so you know, I'm a hard person to offend.  People usually have to remind me that I'm being insulted as I choose to believe most of the time that people always have the best intentions.  I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing but I do like that about myself.  I don't spend my time being offended at everything people say.  I do have friends however that keep me on my toes.  They will say or do things and I never quite know if they are hurt or sarcastic so I end up being overly nice and sensitive around them because I HATE to offend anyone.  Anyway, a little about me.

Another thing about me?  I adapt VERY well to my surroundings.  One the best complements anyone ever paid me when I came to California is they thought that I had always lived in California.  So the fact you think I have a California coolness about me is indeed kind.  My friends however would disagree.  I am a nerd.  I am extremely uncool in a lot of ways and I am blessed to also have married someone who I think is cool but would consider herself uncool as well.  And we're okay with it.  That's the difference.  I've been uncool my whole life, it's when I stopped caring what everyone thought (still kinda working on that one) that I became cool in my own eyes and thus more respected by the general population.  Don't let the pictures of me with aviators fool you…the camera lies.

People in California are driven by their appearance.  It's all that matters to people around here.  I will not lie, I am not affected by it as well.  There are very few people in California that do not get caught up in how they look, including the ones that get annoyed by it and point it out.  We're all guilty of it out here.  But again, there is a difference between the people who are aware of their vanity, and the people who are completely clueless of it.  And I mean COMPLETELY!  Its secular humanism on a completely 'plastic-faced' level, and some of them claim to be Christians.  But then again I fall under a category of persons that judge said plastic people and assume they have no heart/personality/intelligence.  The lesson to be learned here? Don't judge people.  Talk to them.

And while we are on the topic of preconceived judgments…I want to apologize.  I always judge people minutely by the movies they like and to the last sentence of your e-mail I say….TOUCHE!  I don't think I will ever mock a person for liking 17 Again or any of the High School Musicals or any of the other brainless flicks filed with canned humor and cheap marketing gimmicks that bamboozle the heck out of a pop culture thirsty generation; the people that do what other people do because that's what other people do.  There is a lot to be said about movies and shows you watch with other people and the affect that can have on a person.  There are movies I find funny only when I watch them with certain people.  And there are shows that I just cannot watch by myself as it would not be nearly as fun, such as LOST.  LOST has been and always will be a social gathering…the reaction of ten people seeing a shocking moment has much more impact than when watching by yourself.  It's just not the same.  I will always remember when Michael shot Ana Lucia and Libby, then himself.  Oh the screams of horror and shock.  It has to be one of the most shocking moments on television.  Brill.

Well, I think I've stalled long enough.  Don't be surprised if you see portions of this e-mail on my blog…you've pulled some interesting stuff out of me Mr. Bortot.

Have a great day!  Remember, killing people is wrong, even if it's for the family.

Jeff Fazakerley

www.jefffazakerley.com


 

2 comments:

emily grace [long distance lobsters] said...

hmmm...

jeff. by this logic, should we start claiming "stomp the yard" as our favorite film?

James said...

This always happens. I start reading someone's blog and then in less than 24 hours they give away some huge plot twist to a t.v. show they have the luxury of watching once a week.

Sorry Fazacurly, I just don't know if I can be interested in reading about your life anymore.