Friday, March 13, 2009

The Red Sea Rules

So I have this virus on my computer at work. It's been keeping me pretty busy as I'm usually not doing much this time of year. The 30-Day Check Point has passed. Students are supposed to not be allowed to add or drop classes, though sometimes they do. Without an incredibly boring explanation, it basically locks in financial aid for the rest of the semester and I kick back and just deal with my SPS students. Anyway, I've been trying to get this virus off my computer. It keeps popping up notices like, "We need to debug the xps file in the system drive that carries a number of files and limits memory to the junction just south of Cincinnati, Ohio."

I know, right?

It also will randomly play unrecognizable sound clips either from a show/movie or music or something and my browser wont be open and itunes is closed so...pretty weird.

I think I've got it pretty much under control which is why I'm blogging and not working at the moment.

I'm waiting to hear from Regent.

Well I heard from them, or another student that works there. She's a second year MFA student who was asked to contact me and see if I have any questions about the program. She told me I was up against a little over a hundred other actors that auditioned all over the nation. This is good and bad.

I love the idea of Regent. I'm very excited that God opened this door for me to study at a Christian University again. But there is a small (stupid) part of me that wishes I would have got an offer from some prestigious school. I honestly don't think I would have gone there. I would have enjoyed getting an offer and then saying, "No thanks, I choose Regent." But because I know that there's quite a few people that auditioned for the program this year, instead of saying I chose Regent, I can say Regent chose me.

This is bad because now I'm up against over a hundred people. Thank you Jesus for not letting me know this before my audition. It would have stressed me out.

Listen to me, I'm such a baby. There are actors in this world that audition daily for parts in shows that at least a hundred people are going out for at the same time. Why do I feel there's so much riding on this audition? Why do I feel if I don't get in, my life will certainly come to an end?

Oh the inner monologue in my head right now...its not appropriate to post on the Internet for Jenn and Josh and that girl from Quizno's to read. I think Mikkele reads this too. Sup Mikkele.

All I'll say is, "Why?" and that these are the rules I'm living by these days. They were in my inbox at work after I took two days off this week. No idea where they came from, but they're frightfully applicable to my current situation...not Regent, the other one.

Rule 1 - Realize that God means for you to be where you are.

Rule 2 - Be more concerned for God's glory than for your relief.

Rule 3 - Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord.

Rule 4 - Pray!

Rule 5 - Stay calm and confident and give God time to work.

Rule 6 - When unsure, just take the next logical step by faith.

Rule 7 - Envision God's enveloping presence.

Rule 8 - Trust God to deliver in His own unique way.

Rule 9 - View your current crisis as a faith builder for the future.

Rule 10 - Don't forget to praise Him.


My life is in Your hands.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

since when are things inappropriate for my eyes? c'mon.


thinking of you thought... and thanks for the LOST invite again, i will eventually, it's just hard with my work schedule right now. i'm being a responsible adult, it's UBER lame.

Jenn said...

i meant thinking of you THOUGH.


i'm a responsible adult that can't spell properly...



i'm gonna bet you got excited seeing you had 2 comments... sorry.

Mikkele Suzanne said...

yessss! i got a shout out!

emily grace [long distance lobsters] said...

number 11? please make a number 11. please.