Thursday, April 16, 2009

Daily fun time with technology...

It should be scheduled in to my day...everyday! I have a slight confession. There was a time in my life that I was...well, how do I say it....?....a gamer. Yes...its true. I used to be obsessed with computers and the games that were played on them. My claim to fame is nearly beating Half-Life...the first one...what changed? I was approached by my high school drama teacher one afternoon. I had spent my first semester of my sophomore year in a new high school and was gaining a lot of respectability as a singer in the choir.



Anyway, she approached me and abruptly said, "Hi, I'm Mrs. Seatan. That's SATAN with an E. You wanna be in the musical?" Thus began my acting career and the bitter end to my future as a computer programmer.



However my career goals may have changed, I have always had an interest in the newest technology of the day. There used to be a day when if someone didn't know a computer could do something I would respond with a "Ugh...duh...of course it can...what coma did you just wake up from?" (Yes my jokes were lame then too) But now I'm the one that's a little bewildered when it comes to the machine sitting in front of me...oh, dear God! I've become my parents! Well not quite...Go mom for mastering the E-mail as of late!



Essentially what I'm saying is I love discovering new things about technology. I love that I can text a blog post (even though it limits me to 160 characters...boo). I love that I can receive a daily agenda on my phone in the morning of all the tings I have to do that day via text. I love that I can communicate with my family across the world via a small camera a video chat session...its obviously because I come from a completely different generation, but I do not see myself as the old guy who's afraid of the fancy gadgets. I see my self as the guy who's a little obsessed with them.



Yet with all this love of technology and the great things it can do in society...I still hate the Segway...been there, rode that...found it utterly pointless.

1 comment:

James said...

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/in_the_know_do_you_remember_life