Friday, March 27, 2009

Accepted!

On March 24th, I received the e-mail from Regent's MFA in Acting program saying I was invited to join this this fall.

PRAISE THE LORD!


Never before has God been so clear about what the next step needs to be. I'm so thankful to him for giving both Emily and I clear signs that Regent is the place to spend the next three years and get my theatre career officially under way.


Naturally this decision to accept the invitation came after some prayer and discussion with Emily. And it was made with excitement and...well terror.
I've lived in Costa Mesa for 6 years come August. It has become my home (sorry Idaho). I love it here and all the people that have helped me become the person I am today. I can say quite easily that I grew up here. College, job, car, wife, apartment, etc, all if it here and each steps of independence.
I feel just like I did before I left Idaho for California. Coeur D' Alene changed me as well and helped find what I loved to do and wanted to study. California was where I found my calling. And now Virginia. What will you have in store for me?
There's no doubt. We're going and I'm studying to get my MFA in Acting (hopefully a concentration in directing) and begin my career as an actor/director/singer/teacher person.
I also want to take note of how blessed I am to have a wife who is willing to leave a place she's been not for six years, but her whole life. She's uprooting and we'll both embark on this journey/adventure/next step/phase of life...together. I'm so fortunate to take my biggest source of encouragement, the love of my life, she who will always win...always, she who is beautiful, smart, funny, talented and exceptionally more practical than I. I love her and she loves me and we can't wait to "get this party started." Per se.
Did that make sense? It doesn't matter, it's my blog.
So...thus concludes the chapter of "Where in the world will Jeff be going to grad school?"
Now the new chapter of "How in the world will Jeff get to grad school?"

No comments: